Friday, June 13, 2008

NST

I am now going in to NST (Non-Stress Test) Department twice a week so they can monitor our baby. Even though it seems like a lot to do along with seeing the doctor every 3 weeks, it has actually been a blessing in disguise. I get to hear our son's heart beat and movements, I get an informal ultrasound each time, and the bonus is that I am really getting to know the nurses there . They are very kind and caring. Mike and I went in for a tour of the Labor and Delivery area today and I knew half of the people there. I felt very comfortable and at ease knowing that they would be taking care of me. I also made friends with the head nurse of the 5th floor where I will be recovering. She took a liking to me because her daughter and I had a lot in common, due dates and such. She was very nice and gave me lots of tips that she really shouldn't have because she isn't supposed to. We said goodbye at the end and she told me she hoped she would be working her shift when I deliver. I am really excited to have our baby and now I am more confident that things will go well.

2 comments:

heather said...

That's great that you got to meet all the nurses! They are really the ones that take care of you (not the doctor), so if they know and like you, you will be in good hands. I am sure that everything will go just fine. You are the bravest girl I know, so I know you can do it!

Anonymous said...

Heather is totally right, It is all about the nurse and it sounds like you 've got a good thing going for you!