Saturday, April 12, 2008

Exercise or Torture...

Every Saturday morning Mike and I bike down the San Gabriel River Biking Trail to the Long Beach Town Center. Our goal is to get good and conditioned so that a future beach trip won't be so hard on us. We bike about 6 miles there from our apartment and then the 6 or so back. We stop at the Town Center to grab a small bite to eat (it's usually breakfast time around then). We might also drop by Sports Chalet or the bookstore to browse around. It is a good little break. Today we rode to the Center and got there in 25 minutes. It takes about 10 or so in a car on the freeway. Needless to say, I felt pretty good. The way back was not so pleasant. We had to ride back slowly so as to not get my heart rate up to high and so I wouldn't overheat, considering it was pretty warm and sunny. So, although I like biking, I can feel how it is getting tougher the further along in my pregnancy I am. What a bummer.

2 comments:

Luisa said...

I am SO excited that you have a blog! You've finally come over to the other side...haha. I read all your posts and you've got a lot of funny stuff on here...i want to know what kind of breakfast I am:) thanks for leaving a comment on my photographer's blog...she is located in fallbrook...it's just south of camp pendleton. you should do prego photos if you want them...i wasn't totally sure either but now I am really glad I did them. anyways, way to go on the blog...i'll be checking back soon!

heather said...

You are one tough mamasita! You're going to have to get one of those cool kid carts to attach to your bike because your baby's already used to riding along with you.